Sesame Pineapple Steak Bites (recipe)
These one-pan Sesame Pineapple Steak Bites are bursting with tropical flavor! Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
Nothing complements a steak bite like the tangy sweet flavor of pineapple. This recipe includes a versatile marinade made with coconut aminos and sesame garlic – perfect for bite-size munching!
The trick to locking in tons of flavor is to marinate the sirloin tips for at least four hours. This will tenderize the steak with rich garlic, coconut aminos, and toasted sesame oil. Coconut aminos, a natural stand-in for soy sauce, consist of coconut sap, water, and sea salt. Its deep flavor adds instant richness to stir-fries, curries, and marinades. You can also swap it for Worcestershire sauce in many other recipes like meatloaf or steak sauce. To tie the dish together, you’ll also be adding toasted sesame oil for a mouthwatering, nutty aroma!
Love slow cooker recipes?
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Slow-Cooker Recipes!
Get started by combining bite-sized pieces of sirloin with coconut aminos, sesame oil, and minced garlic in a bowl. Coat the steak with marinade and cover before refrigerating for at least four hours. Next, drain out the marinade and heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
When the pan is hot (about two minutes), add the steak bites. You want to hear a sizzle as the bites hit the skillet to ensure proper browning. Cook for five minutes and carefully drain off any excess liquid from the pan. Return to the stove and stir the bites as you cook for an additional five minutes to evenly brown all sides. Stir in the pineapple and cook for another two minutes. When finished, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve immediately!
Enjoy these steak bites solo, served over cauliflower rice, or topped on a Paleo pizza crust for a tropical twist!
Tip: For an easy weekday meal prep, marinate the steak bites ahead of time and transfer to the freezer after four hours. When ready to use, thaw eight hours before cooking.
Sesame Pineapple Steak Bites Recipe
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large cast iron skillet
- 2 lbs grass-fed sirloin steak tips, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 T toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 t garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Combine steak pieces, sesame oil, coconut aminos and minced garlic in a medium mixing bowl and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for least four hours.
- Drain marinade from steak and heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When skillet is very hot, add steak pieces. Cook for five minutes.
- Carefully drain and discard excess liquid from the skillet. Turn heat to high and cook for an additional five minutes, or until steak bites are browned. Stir in pineapple pieces and cook two minutes longer.
- Serve hot and garnish with cilantro.